Saturday, December 01, 2012

20 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE

As a check-list person, I tend to write everything down, the To Do List, and everything just to see it in better and systematic structure and this way really helps me to accomplish all well. I ever read that we should write down our dream too to get a better picture of it. Therefore I write this down, as a reminder, as a motivator, as an encouragement. I want to enjoy my life, live it to the fullest. I want to make my life meaningful for others, I want to glorify Christ in my life. Of course my plan is nothing compared to God's plan. So here it is, I am writing this but I just give Him the eraser to correct everything that He thinks better for me.



1. Making my mom happy
I want to take her to see the world, especially Chinese-speaking countries because she must be loving it! China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and if I can, I want to take her to Europe too. I want to make her proud of my academic achievement. It's something my mom understands. I want to be healthy so that mom won't worry. I want to give her a house to spend her old time with beloved ones. She loves gardening, making pastry, cooking, and sewing beautiful clothes. I want her to enjoy her old life doing things she loves.

2. Watching Super Show of Super Junior ()
I really love them for their sincere hearts, kind attitudes, good personalities, awesome talents, amazing  voices, childish and funny characters, and many more! Every time I watch their concerts on YouTube I always think that their Super Show is worth to watch! They don't only sing but they do a lot of entertainment there! Finally on April 29, 2012 after so much struggle I watched them, so close in front of my eyes!
Complete story:
Super Show Hysteria
Super Show Pre-Euphoria
Super Show Euphoria

3. Traveling around the world and visiting my dream countries
I want to visit a lot of places and I want to do a lot of local activities there, such as going to South Korea to try their Jjimjilbang (Korean Sauna), eat Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef), drink Soju (Korean Beer), visit SM Town Building, sleep in Hanok (Korean Traditional House), wear Hanbok (Korean Traditional Clothes), etc! My ultimate destination is Europe! I design this cover for my traveling journal, waiting to be filled! Complete list to be written soon.


4. Getting married and making my dream wedding a reality
As a woman of course I want to have my love story written by God and get married with the man He has chosen for me someday. I am a person of details and fan of sweet and cute things so I like to design My Dream Wedding. Well, of course, what's more important is not the wedding but the life after that. The Marriage itself. 

5. Playing music instrument like piano
I just have mastered a simple version of Amazing Grace and intro of Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift. I really can't learn without teacher, it feels so difficult and I make a slow progress. It makes me lazy to continue learning and I haven't touched my Solacio Cruz for months. But still, I have to be able to play a full song! Keep practicing!

6. Taking care of dogs and rabbits ()
This one, I have done it for rabbit: Louie, and am doing it for dog: Dogai. I will take care of them more after I move to a bigger house with garden! I want to adopt stray dogs and rabbits too. Give them new home, new family, and LOVE! I have uncountable and enough love for dogs and rabbits! Haha. If I can, I also want to make a shelter for them. I will call it Rainbow Bridge Shelter.

7. Taking picture with wild life animals ()
Done this! I cannot say whether I am satisfied or not actually. So yes I have taken picture with a white tiger but he was so sleepy and yes he looks cute but not cool. Haha. I want them to look cool and strong actually, but I don't have the gut to take a picture in that condition. So what should I do?


8. Hugging polar bear
I want to do this! I have to do this! I am a big fan of Polar Bear! They are not only extremely cute but also wonderfully cool! Since I love white and snow of course I like their fur and I can imagine that it will feel so warm and bouncy when I hug them. 


9. Writing and publishing Christian books
Since one of my visions in life is to serve and glorify Christ through writing, I really want to write a book about His unconditional love. I hope it can change people's lives just like the way some good books really change my life and thought. I have had the title in mind and how the content will be. The problem is, I just have written 2 pages of it and stop because I am not confident enough to continue it. But I will. Just pray for me. Hehe.

10. Joining a mission trip to a backwoods
I really want to do this. Going to the backwoods with people who have the same passion and fire for Christ to share about gospel through our actions. Embracing people with HIV, encouraging poor people in poor country, building house or school for them, teaching the children, etc.

11. Reading and understand the whole Bible in Indonesian and English
In the process of reading the Indonesian one. I don't know why it's so difficult to read the whole book from Genesis to Revelation. I never succeed to finish it. I'm ashamed of the fact that I can finish 1000 pages of a novel but I can't finish reading my Father's diary. But I have to. I don't want to die without knowing what's in my Father's heart. Hehe. Why I want to read the English one (King James Version), too, because my godmother said sometimes the translation is not really suitable. But the problem is, it's really hard to understand even when I read the Indonesian. Haha.

12. Sewing dresses and having my own clothing line
I have had the name for my clothing line! But I will start this business later not now.

13. Obtaining my Master Degree abroad
Well this one. I don't know how but I want to. Let's see.

14. Founding social organization
My biggest dream! I want to empower women and children (those who are really in needy condition not the ones who are lazy) so that they can improve their living instead of being beggars on the street. I want them to  gain their spirit and enthusiasm back. I want them to have dream and reach it. I want them to do something to earn money and help others with their money. I want them to feel secure and safe. I will call this organization HEAL. Haven't found the abbreviation though. Haha.

15. Building my own-designed house
I have been designing my dream house since I was a little kid. I love to draw every details. I remember I draw all the rooms separately in few pages. First page for bedroom design, second page for kitchen design, and so on. Even library, I draw all the books and I write the titles too! Haha. I can't find my design now because it's like years ago but everything in my mind is still the same. I want a medium house with a big garden with enough sun and air circulation. Well of course it will require few adjustments to my future husband's design. 

16. Watching the concert of Girls Generation
I have experience how it feels to be in Sapphire Blue Ocean, so now I want to be in Pink Ocean, too!


17. Watching the concert of Owl City and meeting Adam Young


18. Watching the concert of Taylor Swift


19. Becoming a great wife and mother and daughter in law
Now I am reading "Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be" and learning about Proverbs 31. I'm glad that we can find and learn a lot about this thing in Bible, a proof that God really designs marriage for a holy purpose. I really want to be a virtuous and submissive wife for my husband later so that we both can glorify God. There's also a book called "A Woman after God's Own Heart" and "A Wife after God's Own Heart" but I haven't read them yet. I know reading is not enough and I should apply what I read to people around me. I am still learning but I will do my best. I want to be a good mother for my children, and a good in law for my husband's family.


20. Holding KKR with my Alpha Omega Prayer Team
How I miss my godmother, godfather, and everyone! I hope we still have chance to do this.

Finally! I've finished writing what I want to do before I die or the second coming of Jesus Christ. Maybe there will be some addition to this list as time goes by. Now to end this post, all I can say is:

"Let Thy Will Be Done, not Mine. Amen."


2 comments:

  1. Nice "bucket list."
    I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I've followed it! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete