Monday, December 20, 2010

THE POEM OF INDUSTRIAL SHOW CASE PERFORMANCE

Industrial Show Case at 9th of November 2010 in Auditorium Anggrek Campus.


Me is the witch ---------- :D


FIVE LITTLE PUMPKINS


Five little pumpkins
Sitting on a gate
The first one said,
"Oh, my, it's half past eight!"
The second one said,
"There are witches in the air!"
The third one said,
"Good folk, beware!"
The fourth one said,
"We'll run and run and run!"
The fifth one said,
"Let's have some fun!"
OOOOOOOH, went the wind
And OUT went the light
And the five little pumpkins
Rolled out of sight



THE WITCH
Mary Elizabeth Coleridge


I have walked a great while over the snow,
And I am not tall nor strong.
My clothes are wet, and my teeth are set,
And the way was hard and long.
I have wandered over the fruitful earth,
But I never came here before.
Oh, lift me over the threshold, and let me in at the door!

The cutting wind is a cruel foe.
I dare not stand in the blast.
My hands are stone, and my voice a groan,
And the worst of death is past.
I am but a little maiden still,
My little white feet are sore.
Oh, lift me over the threshold, and let me in at the door! 




The Vampire

Rudyard Kipling

A fool there was and he made his prayer
   (Even as you and I!)
To a rag and a bone and a hunk of hair
   (We called her the woman who did not care)
But the fool he called her his lady fair
   (Even as you and I!)

        Oh, the years we waste and the tears we waste
        And the work of our head and hand
        Belong to a woman who did not know
        (And now we know that she never could know)
        And did not understand!

A fool there was and his goods he spent
   (Even as you and I!)
Honour and faith and a sure intent
   (And it wasn't the least what the lady meant)
But a fool must follow his natural bent
   (Even as you and I!)

        Oh the toil we lost and the spoil we lost
        And the excellent things we planned
        Belong to the woman who didn't know why
        (And now we know that she never knew why)
        And did not understand!

The fool was stripped to his foolish hide
   (Even as you and I!)
Which she might have seen as she threw him aside
   (But it isn't on record the lady tried)
So some of him lived but the most of him died
   (Even as you and I!)

        And it isn't the shame and it isn't the blame
        That stings like a white hot brand
        It's coming to know that she never knew why
        (Seeing, at last, she could never knew why)
        And never could understand!



SILENCE
Edgar Allan Poe


There are some qualities–some incorporate things,
    That have a double life, which thus is made
A type of that twin entity which springs
    From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade.
There is a two-fold Silence–sea and shore-
    Body and soul. One dwells in lonely places,
    Newly with grass o'ergrown; some solemn graces,
Some human memories and tearful lore,
Render him terrorless: his name's "No More."
He is the corporate Silence: dread him not!
    No power hath he of evil in himself;
But should some urgent fate (untimely lot!)
    Bring thee to meet his shadow (nameless elf,
That haunteth the lone regions where hath trod
No foot of man,) commend thyself to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment