Sunday, January 09, 2011

ARE WOMEN STRONG?

Why? I wanna know.
Why I keep writing and posting while I have something important to do, maybe like my-haunting-thesis?

I think it's what-so-called inspiration, eh?
Come without being invited,
Quasi-expensive while being needed.
I'm tickled with this sentence, by the way. The source of my sudden inspiration.
God made women, have periods and give birth because He knew guys weren't strong enough to handle it. -Mulalo Masisi
It's not that I want to say men are weak, somehow, although my thesis-topic is about feminism.
No.
I just want to emphasize, yeah, right, this sentence really reminds me of how strong we are as women.
Really, we are strong.
I mean, having period is suffering!!!
So much! Painful, emotionally and physically!
Maybe not for all people.
Some of my friends have no effect of Premenstrual Syndrome.
But most women, suffer for it.
First, it restrains women from things they wanna do or plan. We can't swim or camp or play with water or anything like that.
Second, why I said it's miserable, because of the stomachache, or backache, or headache, or nausea, or no energy, and so on and so on. Those are the problems most women have to deal with every month.
And they are not just the easy ones, sometimes my friends have to suffer for the very terrible-horrible stomachache during their activities, and it last not only for 1 day, some of my friends suffer for 2 or 3 days!

And we even haven't talked about pregnant and giving birth yet!
I mean, those are awful, the pain.
How can we overcome that pain?
It's monthly!
That's why I think women are strong.
Not because I'm a woman.
If I were a man, maybe I will think the same.

And I can't understand why.
Why for the heaven sake.
Why on earth there are men who can't appreciate women?
Why on the biggest planet in this galaxy there are men who abandon their wife?
Why on the shiniest star in the sky there are men who slap or torture their life-partner?
Why on the coldest snow in the north pole there are men who cheat on women they said they love?
Is he a little heartless-wretch?

Respect your mother, wife, daughter, niece, and every woman in the world.
You don't know how hard it is for women.
You have no idea how strong they are.

For those who are weak and not gentle.
For those who always hurt, abandon, cheat, or torture. Are you men? Wear a skirt!

Not that I say men are weak.
Real men are strong also, because they have to suffer for their masculinity.
They can't cry, can't be weak, can't moan, because they are men.
Sometimes they are frustrated because of this.
They are human, too. They can't be strong all the time.
I read this somewhere and it has opened my eyes.
Yes, men are strong.
But men are strong only if they can appreciate women.
Oh no! They are men if they can do it. If not, then you better wear a bra.

For those who are really strong and gentle.
For those who will not hurt and abandon and cheat and torture.
I know men are strong. :)

And this has broken the stereotype that men are strong physically.
Because I think somehow they are strong emotionally, too, due to the fact that they have to control their emotion because they can't express it just like the way women do.

And the saying that women are weak emotionally is wrong, too.
Because it's the PMS thing, you know. If we are emotional, if we can't control it.
It's purely the reason. Tee-hee.

And women are weak physically?
How on moon, star, and earth could you explain the way we overcome our pain then?
Tcha! Like I've told ya! Women are strong!

So, what is the conclusion?
I think all of us are strong in our own way, and if we know how to be strong.
So, men vs. women = 1:1
Still draw for now! :D

P.S. It's not that I'm going to race the score between men and women. I won't do that. Hey! I'm heralding the issue of gender equality! :p


No comments:

Post a Comment