Thursday, March 27, 2014

A DAY IN FREMANTLE

After 8 months living here and several times visiting Fremantle, finally I can have one day trip alone to capture all the beautiful buildings and objects. I really like this small city, especially because the name is same as my previous company haha (best known as Freo). Although I don't like traveling alone because it feels so lonely, but this time I am really satisfied because I can explore my photography hobby!

Enjoy!


Even the Hungry Jacks building is unique!


The Monk Brewery, famous for beers!


Cappuccino Strip, the famous spot in Fremantle district with all cafes and restaurants in alfresco style.


Unique face painting on the wall of Norfolk Hotel


The touristy Esplanade Hotel


Shipwreck Galleries, the foremost maritime archaeology museum. 


Bathers Bay. Oh I love it, so beautiful!


Way to the Round House, just enjoying the scenery although it's pretty far and hot to get there.


It's said on the bench, "Bella. The freedom to be who you are and to enjoy what is. Sculptor: Greg James."


Challenger Harbour, those beautiful rocks!


All the boats, duh, it's like a car here.


Kailis Fish Market Cafe at Fishing Boat Harbour, this was where I tried raw oyster for the first time when I first arrived here. Haha.


Cicerello, said as the best fish & chips in Perth. Well, I don't know why but when I tasted it, it's so so haha.


Finally! After long walk, I reached The Round House. The Round House is the oldest public building in the State of Western Australia, built in late 1830 and opened in 1831. It was the first permanent building built in the Swan River Colony.


View from above!


Cute tram, hey?


My silhouette is there! Hihi.


WA Maritime Museum. When I went inside, it's so huge like State Library of WA. They really invest in this kind of thing, hey?


This way to E Shed Market.


Oh, I always have this particular interest in ships. That's why I love watching Pirates of the Caribbean. Ship is so elegant yet complicated for me. That's what makes it beautiful. Like a woman. Hehe.


I know this is not a pirate's ship but that tiger is too cute isn't it?


My favorite building, the train station! It's so cool and beautiful! I feel like in Europe.


Fremantle Arts Centre. At first I felt like, so krik-krik. Then it's so quiet and spacious, gave me that kind of indescribable feeling. Then when I read the information board, I just knew that previously it was a lunatic asylum!


The Town Hall. This is my best image captured that day! I'm so proud! Haha.


Another funny building, like circus theme.


Fremantle Markets! Since 1897, only open on weekends. Fave place, too, you can find everything here. I almost ate kangaroo sausage here! Lucky my friend tasted it first and after I knew I threw it away. Haha.

So this is the bustling and dynamic port city of Fremantle, located on the coast just 30 minutes from Perth's city centre! 

2 comments:

  1. all of your photos are really good..!! i think you got the skill darlaa~.... =)
    how's the raw oyster taste??

    ReplyDelete
  2. ga enak cintaaa! hahaha.. taste funny, dimakan b olive.. tp mau ga mau harus telan semua hahaha..

    ReplyDelete