Wednesday, March 30, 2011

MARCH VOCABS & MY OFFICE

I've worked for almost two weeks! 
And since it's the end of March, I'll post new vocabularies I've learned so far. 
Maybe I can't remember all but I remember the important ones! 
Those are:

Tittle-tattle: Bergunjing
Uproar: Kegaduhan
Hyper startle: Latah
Slipshod: Serampangan
Topsy-turvy: Kacau Balau
Sycophant: Penjilat
Wishy-washy: Plin-Plan
Mercenary: Mata Duitan
Tilapia: Ikan Nila
Carp fish: Gurame
Catfish: Lele
Tuna: Ikan Tongkol
Mackerel: Ikan Kembung
Basil: Kemangi
Bean curds: Buncis
Shallop: Bawang Merah
Bewitch: Pelet
Midget: Cebol
Provision: Ketentuan

That's all I remember. The best thing of working here is that I translate various kinds of documents, so I won't easily get bored. Although I find out that translating legal documents like Rules & Regulations Letter is so difficult that my head gets dizzy. Anyway, I feel grateful for that experience. :D

Okay then, now let's visit my new office, hehe. Here it is! That's my table, and is so strategic to watch TV! I only need to turn around my chair. 


The LCD TV I love the most! I love watching Britain's Next Top Model here! 



Then, this is my table from front.


Totally empty! I dunno what I should put on my table, while my office-mates have their tables full with funny stuffs! Of course I can' bring my bunny-doll? :P


My own telephone-line! Call me Call me. The EXT. number is 311!!! 
And what's the most precious stuff?
ENG ING ENG!


YAY!!! Finally today I get it! So happy! :)
I like that symbol so much. 
And this is what's written behind:

INSPIRING ENTERTAINMENT


CREATIVE.COLLABORATIVE.COMMERCIAL.CONFIDENT


www.fremantlemedia.com


FremantleMedia is one of the largest international creators and producers of entertainment brands in the world, with leading prime time drama, serial drama, entertainment, and factual entertainment programming in over 40 territories, including the UK, the US, Germany, Australia, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Scandinavia, Latin America, and Asia.

Oh! I hope someday I can work at one of those places! Amen! :)

2 comments:

  1. It seems that you really had fun translating them. I understand that translating can be a little hard, but there's Google Translator to save the day. Based on what you experience, it seems that you're having a good time working there, so I wish you good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha thank you! Yes sometimes I really got headache when I found unusual term :) Best luck for you, too!

    ReplyDelete