Saturday, June 25, 2011

OFFICE LOOK + 3 MONTHS WORKING


June 17 was supposed to be my last day working, because that's when my contract ended. Thanks God, they extended the contract until December 31. I love this job God has given to me. After 3 months working, I can say that I'm really blessed to have this job for this time. Why?

1. Peaceful

Haha. No pressure, no stress. When I have nothing to do, I can listen to my favorite songs, or reading e-books. The most important thing is, I can write. Sometimes 1 day I only translate 1 piece of document. Sometimes 5. Sometimes no at all. So I have plenty of time for writing and doing what I like haha. God really knows what I need. He knows I won't have time to write after working because I arrive at home at 7 p.m and I am too sleepy even to eat. Although I have to eat. I mean, too tired to do anything, because of the time I spend on the way. Awesome, huh? How He has arranged it so well.

2. Challenging

But not always like that. Sometimes there are overloaded workload and I am overwhelmed. But only about 3 or 4 times a month. Sometimes I have to go home at 7 or 8, but it's okay. Sometimes there are urgent documents to be translated. I have to work super fast. Sometimes there are super ultra mega difficult documents (legal, mostly) that make my head dizzy. Seriously, it's difficult because I'm not familiar with it. The terms that exist in English but I do not know how to translate it into Indonesian term. Sometimes there are very berry plenty of workload, let's say 50 pages of dialogue a day! I was translating while feeling like wanna throw up haha. Because I was queasy. But want it or not we should face it, shouldn't we? :p

3. Amusing

When I was translating scenario or script, I could laugh out loud or smiled because sometimes they were so funny, like when I was translating comedy scripts. Even though it's not supposed to be comedy, you know, Indonesian soap-opera still can make us laugh because of the too-exaggerating-situation. Well, I think it's supposed to be like that, because I work in entertainment industry, I should be entertained first before my company entertains others. Hahaha.

4. Great working colleagues

My workmates are so funny. They always make me laugh, even tough when they were not talking to me. I mean, when they were joking each other, haha. Everyday, when I'm about to go home I say, "See you I go home first", and they will scream out loud, "WHAAAATTTT???" and one of them will say "What time do you think now is? It's only five!" and the others reply "Yeah, I just arrive here and you say you want to go home??" Hahaha. Because they always go home so late at night. Sometimes at 7, or even 10! They also always force me to eat when they bring meals. They threatened me like this, "You are not allowed to be thin alone here! You have to be fat! In 1 month you have to gain 5kg!" Haha. Oh yeah, I will love it, too, if I can be fatter lil bit more! :p

5. No formal outfit

Wear what you like, what is comfortable for you, what looks good, as long as it's polite. Sometimes my workmates wear outfits which look like for hanging out! Haha. So yeah, when I  was lazy I only wear jeans and T-shirt, when I want to look formal I wear skirt and shirt, when I feel fashionable I wear dress! It's totally up to me! ^^

Love my office! Ah! Today is June 25! Salary! (♥.♥)/

No comments:

Post a Comment